Friday, December 2, 2011

Does it hurt your credibility on here if you express an attitude in your answer, save inappropriate questions?

I've asked frank questions before about politics, race, and men-women relations. I always get a few people who, no matter how carefully I word my question snap at me.





I'm pretty sure I can't win, and some people just wanna just take it the wrong way no matter what, and just want blood.|||There was a questioner here not long ago who asked a couple of mental health questions, one about a malign ghostly presence in her life and one about alternatives to Prozac to enable her to feel emotions again.





I suggested that the appearance of the Grim Reaper is not necessarily a bad thing, and has scared many people back to life, but I was snapped at by the Asker making me out to be really nasty for giving that answer. So in a fit of pique, I blocked her and deleted my other answer which might have helped her a great deal.





I feel a little bad now, since I knew someone who killed herself when coming off Prozac, and was showing much the same symptoms of paranoia that came out in the first question, and similar unreasonable angry responses. My deleted answer might have saved her life, but too bad.





It is hard deciding whether an Asker is seeking an imaginative response or a dry factual summary. I take the view that if he or she gets both, they can take their pick. It probably won't be the best answer (three-quarters of mine aren't), but does it matter?





Especially if it provokes someone underneath to come up with a much better answer.





As for snapping at Askers, if I ask a provocative question, I don't personally mind a provocative answer I can come back at.|||And there will always be. But just be your self and keep asking cause there are a whole lot more people who do get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment