Thursday, November 24, 2011

Do you think announcing that he is using pseudonym raises questions about his motives or credibility?

Benton does not use his real name. Do you think announcing that he is using pseudonym raises questions about his motives or credibility?|||Not at all. I think you know about some writer's motives and credibility by his work. About what he talked about.|||I don't know who Benton is or what he wrote, but the use of a pseudonym is quite common. Maybe he's just someone who values his privacy, or who does not want people to connect him to his book or story for whatever reason.|||I appreciate authors who choose to use pseudonyms for different genres. Questions arise in my mind when they "come out". I can't help but wonder if they're trying to drive up sagging book sales. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I don't necessarily care about those of a particular author unless s/he has extensive or personal knowledge of a subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment