Thursday, November 24, 2011

How should I impeach this witnesses credibility in a mock trial?

Tomorrow I have a mock trial at school. The witness I will be cross-examining has been convict of three counts of breaking and entering. Is there any way I can make the witness seem like someone who is selfish/only cares about his own freedom from jail, and would be likely to lie on the stand?


Thanks!|||When he was arrested for previous crimes most likely he lied to the police, so try question him about that.





The other party might try to argue that his criminal past is irrelevant, but you should argue that is relevant to know if he has lied in the past about other criminal events (including his own crimes.)|||point out that as a KNOWN thief who clearly has NO regard for other peoples things or piece of mind as he has on AT least 3 occasions [and this is only the times he has been CONVICTED] broke in to peoples homes and upset their feeling of safety..........why should any one believe a thing that comes out of this persons mouth....after all they have shown they are willing to break as many laws as they want to get what THEY want.








I had a place broken into years ago and it was not so much the stuff they took but it was the feeling that everything was dirty............that some random had touched my stuff, had been in there doing god knows what...............I never really felt the same about the flat or my stuff after that.......





Sort of take that aspect and show them for what they really are [[mock trial and all lol lol]]

No comments:

Post a Comment